Well, it’s a brand new morning
And it’s the start of your new life
Yeah, it’s a brand new morning
You’d better try and get it right
Brand new morning
You’ve been awake since early light
Brand new morning
So spread your wings and you’ll take flight
You walk with freedom
Through any door
Don’t mean much more
Taken from a song from one of my favourite bands Magnum, this is what I feel like today.
I have not only made some tough decisions but most important of all, a heavy Damocles sword regarding my health was also removed from over my head yesterday afternoon when my doctor called me with some good news about a critical blood test made some weeks ago.
So I have finally passed the crossroads and instead of walking on I decided that it was time to fly…
I have discovered over the last few months that nothing is more important for me than my “pack”, my health and my creativity (in no specific order) so this is what I will focus on.
Owning the best photographic equipment is not going to make me happy when I will die and neither are fame nor money.
What will make me happy are
- time spent with my loved ones (which also includes helping my husband with his new company – his dream – and thus going back to my bookkeeping, contract management and financial controlling roots)
- travelling across Scandinavia with our camper (we went on our first trip last week to Sweden and it was just eye-opening),
- making photographs (with my phone or my Large Format film camera – I am lucky to have both options),
- creating individual pieces of art – handmade books, darkroom prints, images on glass plates, collages, stretch-mounted prints on thin Japanese paper to include ‘real’ light and (abstract) paintings or maybe combining it all and even more…
- writing poems and documenting my journey, my dreams and my struggles in my blog posts and
- simply enjoying every moment I have on this Earth…
To be able to fly and live this dream I ‘only’ have to drop a few things like literally a few pounds of my weight to get fit again 😀 (worrying always makes me eat more than I should 😉 ) and a lot of “equipment and software ballast” which I have collected over the years. I even cancelled my Adobe subscription 😉 . So I am going (even more) minimal, focussing on the things that are essential to live my dream and make it possible to travel light on this journey.
I had lost my dreams to worrying about marketing or creating for my business but have now found them again and plan to live them.
I had even thought about stopping to share my work but decided that I still want those people who enjoy looking at it be it online or hopefully in another exhibition one day to be able to do that.
I will create for myself but you will be able to see what I create on this website/blog and some individual pieces or very small editions (like for example from my books) will probably be for sale so that I can continue to travel light 😉 .
I will also share more about all of these decisions and dreams and how I am working on them, implementing them in my every day life, on this blog, so stay tuned if you would like to see more and as always – I am looking forward to your comments!
Your Isabel 🙂